Friday, February 8, 2019

LEESON ~ MURISON ~ GALLAHER CONNECTION


1914 home of Mrs. Clyde Gallaher
I came across this picture recently in a box of old family photographs. The following description is on the back.
"House on Gallaher ranch, Mansfield, Wa. James Kinney, Henry's maternal Grandfather built it in 1914 for Henry's mother, Mrs Clyde [Ruth Kinney] Gallaher."
 
Albert Edward Leeson was Elizabeth [nee Murison] Leeson's only son. Elizabeth's brothers married and had children. Some of them married into the Gallaher family.
 
When Elizabeth was widowed, she left the family's homestead in that farming country, and moved to Spokane, Washington where she supported her three children, Albert and his sisters, Alice and Ethel.

Albert was my father. I met his cousin, Johnny Murison, when I was a youngster. Johnny had a ranch in the Mansfield area, never married, and lived with his mother, Jennie.
 
It was decades later before I met dad's uncles, aunts and cousins who lived in and around Mansfield, Washington. During the late 1970's I visited his cousin Ethel and her husband. One afternoon, he drove me around the countryside, and stopped to show me this vacant
house. He told me its story, but of course I didn't remember the details he shared, only that Ruth Gallaher was Henry Gallaher's mother.

I would like to share more about the Gallaher clan and their history.



James Murison was a brother to Elizabeth. Ellen Gallaher was one of James and Ethel Murison's daughter. Mabel McLean was a sister.

Please contact me if you have anything that I can add to this post.


Thank you,

Mona Leeson Vanek
Broadway Court Estates
13505 E. Broadway Ave., Apt. 243,
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
mtscribbler@air-pipe.com
Mabel McLean.

No comments:

Post a Comment